Doctrinal Statement of Belief
1. We believe that the Scriptures of both Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writing so as to be the final and sufficient rule of faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21; Acts 1:16; l Corinthians 2:12-13)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.(Mark 12:29; Matthew 23:9; John 1:1-3; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Hebrews 1:1-3)
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and that He is both perfect Man and perfect God.
(Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18,22,23; Luke 1:30-32,35)
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned in Eden and thereby incurred both physical and spiritual death, the latter being a separation from God; and that all human beings inherit a sinful nature, being void of all spiritual life and subject to sin and Satan. (Genesis 1:26; 3:1-6; John 3:3, 6; Romans 3:23; 5:12-19; Ephesians 2:1-3)
5. We believe that Christ died for our sins as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who receive Him by faith receive salvation, there being no other way. (John 1:12; 3:16; 5:24; Romans 5:6-9; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 3:13; Ephesians 2:2-9; 1 Peter 1:18-21)
6. We believe that all who receive Christ as Savior are born-again by the Holy Spirit, and receive an assurance based solely upon the Word of God.
(John 3:1-8; 10:28-29; Romans 8:33-39; Titus 3:5-6; 2 Timothy 1:12)
7. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present ministry there as our High Priest and advocate, whence He has sent the Holy Spirit to indwell every believer. (John 7:38-39; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19; 15:3-20; Acts 1 :3-9; John 14:16-17; Romans 8:9; Hebrews 4:14-16)
8. We believe that the true, universal church consists of all who are born again by the Holy Spirit, who unites us into one, regardless of tongue or nation; and that we should therefore meet together as a local church, keeping the unity of the Spirit in pure and peaceable love. (Romans 12:5; 1 Corinthians 12:12-27; Ephesians 4:1-6)
9. We believe that the Christian is called upon to live, not according to the old nature, but according to the new nature born in him at his conversion, so that he should, by constant submission to the will of God, always witness in word and deed to the truth of the gospel. (Romans 8:12-14; Galatians 5:16-25; 2 Corinthians 6:14; 7:1; Ephesians 4:22-24; Colossians 3:1-10,17; Titus 2:1,10-14; 1 Peter 1:14-16)
10. We believe in the personal pre-millennial return of our Lord; first to take the saved to Himself, and then to establish His throne on the earth for a thousand years. (John 14:1-3; Acts 1:10-11; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Hebrews 9:28)
11. We believe the nation of Israel are God’s chosen people, and are the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. We do not support replacement theology, with its teaching that the church replaced Israel. When the church is removed at the rapture, then God will again work directly with the nation of Israel and fulfill the 70th week of Daniel. A remnant of Israel will be saved.(Genesis 12:1-3, Daniel 9:24-27, Romans 9-11, Zechariah 13:8-9)
12. We believe the following future events: the personal, imminent coming of the Lord Jesus at rapture of the Church, the 7-year tribulation period, the pre-millennial second coming of Christ, the 1000-year millennial reign of Christ, the white throne judgment of the lost, and the eternal state. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Revelation 11:2-3, 12:6, 13:5, Daniel 9:27, Revelation 19:11-21, Revelation 20:1-10, Revelation 20;11-15, Revelation 21-22, Isaiah 65:17, 2 Peter 3:13)
13. We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
(1 Corinthians 15:20-24; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10; Revelation 20-21)
We are a new church in Lafayette, Indiana. On May 2nd of 2021, with just ten of us, we started meeting at the Staybridge Suites in Lafayette, Indiana. We are now meeting at 3990 St. Rd 38 East in Lafayette, Indiana. [Zanik Retail Center, "near Subway"] Our desire is to learn God’s word and to live our lives in obedience to a true Christian walk of faith.
In 1990, I graduated from Day Spring Bible College and Seminary, in Mundelein, Illinois, with a degree in Theology/Pastoral Studies.
We were led to Bemidji, Minnesota to help start a church there. This church (Bemidji Baptist) is pastored by our friend Jim Mucerino, and he is assisted by his wife Robin. Visit them sometime. They are doing a fantastic job.
Kris and I ended up in Lafayette, Indiana (God works in mysterious ways), and after working at Subaru of Indiana as a Quality Engineer for 15-years, God has led us to start Tippecanoe Bible church.
I have studied the Bible for over forty years, and I believe every word of it is true. God is real and He loves us more than we could ever imagine. He gave His son Jesus to sacrifice His life on the cross to pay for our sin’s past, present, and future. We receive the gift of eternal life through simply believing by faith that this was done for us personally.
Kris and I have been married for 40+ years. Our three boys – Joshua (wife: Ashley), Jason, and Justin (wife: Amber), have been a blessing to us and we now have two grandchildren – Nixon and Emmy.
Tippecanoe Bible Church exist mainly for the following three reasons:
1) To present the gospel of Jesus Christ as clear and simple, as possible, so that people can come to know Him as their personal savior,
2) To teach and preach the Bible, to young and old, and everyone in between, so that they can understand it, and apply it effectively to their life.
3) To be a family that is close and cares for each other.
With Love because of Jesus:
Pastor Bill and Kris Kaminsky